The Department of Community and Economic Development promotes quality of life and economic opportunity by facilitating a livable Bridgewater that is at once vibrant yet resilient. In so doing, the Department of Community and Economic Development partners with enterprise, citizens and local institutions thereby assuring an open public discourse towards achieving economic vitality, housing opportunities, safe and efficient transportation systems, and resource protection.
Considering Town of Bridgewater for business relocation or expansion? Bridgewater is open for Business! The Town of Bridgewater affords great space and sites that run the gamut from downtown storefronts to greenfield industrial, and everything between. We are pleased to be home to Bridgewater State University, a major public university enrolling nearly 11,000 students. Welcome to the Town of Bridgewater! When you're here, you're home.
- The Town of Bridgewater and VHB have completed the Final Draft of the 2017 Open Space and Recreation Plan Update. The Draft must be approved by Town Council and the State.
- The Town of Bridgewater and Howard Stein Hudson are undertaking Complete Streets Prioritization Plan and Pedestrian Safety Assessment of Downtown. View the presentation from the public meeting 26 April 2017 and as presented to Town Council 23 May 2017.
- The Old Colony Planning Council is assisting with the update to the Housing Production Plan. The first public input session was well attended. Eric Arbeene presented background data. Current SHI. The second Public Information Session is scheduled for 25 July 2017.
- The Planning Board Public Hearing for amendments to the Rules and Regulations is continued until 6:30 pm, 19 July 2017.
Regulations and Application Materials
- Subdivision Rule and Regulations (PDF)
- Approval Not Required Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Definitive Subdivision Plan Checklist (PDF)
- BRIDGEWATER ZONING ORDINANCE
- Bridgewater Zoning Map (PDF)
- Minor Modification Form Site Plan Review (PDF)
- Major Modification Form Site Plan Review (PDF)
- Site Plan Submittal Check List (PDF)
- Site Plan Application (PDF)
Resources and Plans
- 2017 Planning Board Schedule
- Bridgewater Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Bridgewater Rec Needs Assess_FINAL_04-11-16
- Subsidized Housing Inventory 2016
- OCPC Downtown Bridgewater Market Analysis 2016
- South Coast Rail FAQs
- Phased Corridor Map - South Coast Rail