Planning Board Members
Raymond Ajemian- 2013
Rebekah Caylor-Associate Member
66 Central Square
Town Planner & Planning Board
About the Board
The Planning Board consists of five members appointed each for a term of five years. The terms are staggered in such a manner that there is one position available annually for election unless when a vacancy occurs there may be more than one. Should a vacancy occur the remaining Planning Board members along with the Board of Selectmen shall
appoint a member until the next annual election. (M.G.L. Sec. 81A)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Planning Board is governed by the statutes of the Massachusetts General Laws. Their primary powers and duties fall within the Chap 41 (Subdivision Control Law),
however, earlier statutes are also applicable. The Massachusetts Federation of Planning Boards has established a listing of all functional areas that the Planning Board may become involved in within their community:
* Excerpt from the Massachusetts Federation of Planning and Appeals Board - Planner’s Handbook
- Annual Report (Chapter 41, Sec 81C)
- Conflict of Interest (Chapter 268A)
- Establishment of the Planning Board (Chapter 41, Section 81A)
- Master Plan (Chapter 41, Section 81D)
- Official Map (Chapter 41, Section 81E-81H)
- Park Commissioners, Planning Boards Acting as the same (Chap 41, Section 81C)
- Planning in General (Chapter 41, Section 81A-81J)
- Public Records (Chapter 4, Section 7 (26c) & Chapter 66, Section 10)
- Public Shade Trees, Consolidated Hearing (Chapter 87, Section 3)
- Public Ways, Report on the same (Chapter 41 Section 81-l and J)
- Scenic Roads (Chapter 40, Section 15C)
- Special Permits under zoning (Chapter 40A)
- Street names (Chapter 85, Sections 3, 3-A and 3-B)
- Subdivision Control (Chapter 41)
- Subdivision Rules and Regulations (Chapter 41, Section 81Q)
- Urban Redevelopment Corporations (Chapter 121-A)
- Wetlands Protection (Chapter 131)
- Zoning Chapter 40A)
|Mon|| ||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Tues|| ||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Wed|| ||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Thurs|| ||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Fri|| ||Closed to Public
|1st & 3rd Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Academy Building Meeting Room
66 Central Square
Additional meetings posted at Town Hall 48
hours prior to the meeting