The Department of Community and Economic Development promotes quality of life and economic opportunity by facilitating a livable Bridgewater that is at once vibrant yet resilient. In so doing, the Department of Community and Economic Development partners with enterprise, citizens and local institutions thereby assuring an open public discourse towards achieving economic vitality, housing opportunities, safe and efficient transportation systems, and resource protection.
Considering Town of Bridgewater for business relocation or expansion? Bridgewater is open for Business! The Town of Bridgewater affords great space and sites that run the gamut from downtown storefronts to greenfield industrial, and everything between. We are pleased to be home to Bridgewater State University, a major public university enrolling nearly 11,000 students. Welcome to the Town of Bridgewater! When you're here, you're home.To help residents and interested parties better understand how the Economic Development and Planning Offices function, below are some general procedures which the staff follow on a daily basis:
Follow us on Facebook @BwaterCED!
Follow us on Facebook @BwaterCED!
Economic Development Department Procedures
- The Planning Board maintains a schedule of deadlines which applicants must adhere to for their applications.
- Meeting agendas are posted no later than the Friday preceding the next Planning Board meeting.
- Notices of upcoming meetings and hearings are sent to all required departments at least one week prior to a scheduled Planning Board meeting whenever possible.
- All documents, (including decisions, minutes, notices, etc) are reviewed by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Engineer prior to distribution.
- Planning Board applications will not be considered complete unless they have been reviewed and approved by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Engineer.
- All approved decisions are sent electronically to the Building Department and the Board of Health.
- The Lot 84 Fruit Street Special Permit & Site Plan Application with Town/Public Comments
- NEW! Online Permitting Guide: Discover what documents are needed before applying for your building permit.
- Just a friendly reminder: Please do not rake, blow, or dump leaves, grass clippings, or other yard waste into storm drains. Littering in storm drains causes flooding and pollutes our water bodies without any filtration. We encourage you to mulch and compost these items for your gardens next year, or bag them and bring them to Plymouth Farm Supply at 1000 Plymouth Street (Route 104) in Bridgewater.
- Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Applications now Online!
Regulations and Application Materials
- BRIDGEWATER ZONING BYLAWS
- BW-ZONING MAP-COLOR-1-19-18
- SUBDIVISION Rules & Regs as amended 09-06-18
- Definitive Subdivision Plan Checklist
- Approval Not Required (ANR) Checklist
- Site Plan/Special Permit Submittal Checklist
- Special Permit/Site Plan Application
- Site Plan Modification Form
- Planning Board Fee Schedule (Updated 9/13/18)
- Subdivision Application Set
- Pre-construction Meeting Informational
Resources and Plans
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (marked up)
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (clean)
- Bridgewater Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Bridgewater Housing Production Plan - As Approved 02.27.18
- Bridgewater Rec Needs Assess_FINAL_04-11-16
- Subsidized Housing Inventory 12-7-18
- OCPC Downtown Bridgewater Market Analysis 2016
- South Coast Rail FAQs
- Phased Corridor Map - South Coast Rail
- Bridgewater OSRP 2018 Final