Follow us on Facebook @BwaterCED!
Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Applications now Online!
Economic Development Department Procedures
To help residents and interested parties better understand how the Economic Development and Planning Offices function, below are some general procedures which the staff follow on a daily basis:
- The Planning Board maintains a schedule of deadlines which applicants must adhere to for their applications.
- Meeting agendas are posted no later than the Friday preceding the next Planning Board meeting.
- Notices of upcoming meetings and hearings are sent to all required departments at least one week prior to a scheduled Planning Board meeting whenever possible.
- All documents, (including decisions, minutes, notices, etc) are reviewed by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Planner prior to distribution.
- Planning Board applications will not be considered complete unless they have been reviewed and approved by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Planner.
- All approved decisions are sent electronically to the Building Department and/or the Board of Health.
Comprehensive Master Plan May 2022 - HERE
- Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Applications now Online!
MassDevelopment is now administering the Underutilized Properties Program for the purpose of funding “projects that will improve, rehabilitate or redevelop blighted, abandoned, vacant or underutilized properties to achieve the public purposes of eliminating blight, increasing housing production, supporting economic development projects, increasing the number of commercial buildings accessible to persons with disabilities.”
For more information visit MassDevelopment website here.
- Just a friendly reminder: Please do not rake, blow, or dump leaves, grass clippings, or other yard waste into storm drains. Littering in storm drains causes flooding and pollutes our water bodies without any filtration. We encourage you to mulch and compost these items for your gardens next year, or bag them and bring them to Plymouth Farm Supply at 1000 Plymouth Street (Route 104) in Bridgewater.
Regulations and Application Materials
- Approval Not Required (ANR) Checklist
- Bridgewater Zoning Map
- Definitive Subdivision Plan Checklist
- Subdivision Rules and Regulations as amended March 29, 2023
- Site Plan/Special Permit Submittal Checklist
- Special Permit/Site Plan Application
- Site Plan Modification Form
- Subdivision Application Set
- Planning Board Fee Schedule - Updated March 29, 2023
- Zoning Ordinance - (Public) effective 9.8.2023
Resources and Plans
- Bridgewater Comprehensive Master Plan
- Final Hazard Mitigation Plan June 2022
- Bridgewater Biennial Update Mailing 2022
- Bridgewater Housing Production Plan - As Approved 02.27.18
- Bridgewater OSRP 2018 Final
- Bridgewater Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Bridgewater Rec Needs Assess_FINAL_04-11-16
- OCPC Downtown Bridgewater Market Analysis 2016
- South Coast Rail FAQs
- Phased Corridor Map - South Coast Rail