Follow us on Facebook @BwaterCED!
Economic Development Department Procedures
- The Planning Board maintains a schedule of deadlines which applicants must adhere to for their applications.
- Meeting agendas are posted no later than the Friday preceding the next Planning Board meeting.
- Notices of upcoming meetings and hearings are sent to all required departments at least one week prior to a scheduled Planning Board meeting whenever possible.
- All documents, (including decisions, minutes, notices, etc) are reviewed by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Engineer prior to distribution.
- Planning Board applications will not be considered complete unless they have been reviewed and approved by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Engineer.
- All approved decisions are sent electronically to the Building Department and the Board of Health.
- MassDevelopment is now administering the Underutilized Properties Program for the purpose of funding “projects that will improve, rehabilitate or redevelop blighted, abandoned, vacant or underutilized properties to achieve the public purposes of eliminating blight, increasing housing production, supporting economic development projects, increasing the number of commercial buildings accessible to persons with disabilities.” For more information visit MassDevelopment website here.
- NEW! Online Permitting Guide: Discover what documents are needed before applying for your building permit.
- Just a friendly reminder: Please do not rake, blow, or dump leaves, grass clippings, or other yard waste into storm drains. Littering in storm drains causes flooding and pollutes our water bodies without any filtration. We encourage you to mulch and compost these items for your gardens next year, or bag them and bring them to Plymouth Farm Supply at 1000 Plymouth Street (Route 104) in Bridgewater.
- Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Applications now Online!
Regulations and Application Materials
- BRIDGEWATER ZONING BYLAWS
- BW-ZONING MAP-COLOR-1-19-18
- SUBDIVISION Rules & Regs as amended 09-06-18
- Definitive Subdivision Plan Checklist
- Approval Not Required (ANR) Checklist
- Site Plan/Special Permit Submittal Checklist
- Special Permit/Site Plan Application
- Site Plan Modification Form
- Planning Board Fee Schedule (Updated 9/13/18)
- Subdivision Application Set
- Pre-construction Meeting Informational
Resources and Plans
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (marked up)
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (clean)
- Bridgewater Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Bridgewater Housing Production Plan - As Approved 02.27.18
- Bridgewater Rec Needs Assess_FINAL_04-11-16
- Subsidized Housing Inventory 12-7-18
- OCPC Downtown Bridgewater Market Analysis 2016
- South Coast Rail FAQs
- Phased Corridor Map - South Coast Rail
- Bridgewater OSRP 2018 Final
- 11-30-2020 Comprehensive Master Plan Presentation
The 60-86 Broad Street public hearing - scheduled for March 3, 2021 before the Planning Board - has been continued by the applicant until March 17, 2021. All interested persons are encouraged to attend on March 17, 2021 for this project. A link to the Zoom meeting will be linked to the agenda on the Town website. Please contact the Community and Economic Development office with any questions.