Follow us on Facebook @BwaterCED!
Economic Development Department Procedures
- The Planning Board maintains a schedule of deadlines which applicants must adhere to for their applications.
- Meeting agendas are posted no later than the Friday preceding the next Planning Board meeting.
- Notices of upcoming meetings and hearings are sent to all required departments at least one week prior to a scheduled Planning Board meeting whenever possible.
- All documents, (including decisions, minutes, notices, etc) are reviewed by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Planner prior to distribution.
- Planning Board applications will not be considered complete unless they have been reviewed and approved by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Planner.
- All approved decisions are sent electronically to the Building Department and/or the Board of Health.
Comprehensive Master Plan May 2022 - HERE
- Ordinance D-FY21-008: Revocation of Zoning Bylaws Adoption of Ordinances
- Zoning Draft 13 Clean
- Zoning Draft 13 Coded
- Zoning Draft 14 Clean
- Zoning Draft 14 Coded
- Zoning Draft 15
- Table of Contents - Draft 14/15
- Table of Uses
- Table of Dimensional Regulations
- Zoning Draft 16 02-06-22
- Ordinance D-FY22-021 Zoning Ordinance Codification of Zoning Bylaws to Ordinances
MassDevelopment is now administering the Underutilized Properties Program for the purpose of funding “projects that will improve, rehabilitate or redevelop blighted, abandoned, vacant or underutilized properties to achieve the public purposes of eliminating blight, increasing housing production, supporting economic development projects, increasing the number of commercial buildings accessible to persons with disabilities.”
For more information visit MassDevelopment website here.
- Online Permitting Guide: Discover what documents are needed before applying for your building permit.
- Just a friendly reminder: Please do not rake, blow, or dump leaves, grass clippings, or other yard waste into storm drains. Littering in storm drains causes flooding and pollutes our water bodies without any filtration. We encourage you to mulch and compost these items for your gardens next year, or bag them and bring them to Plymouth Farm Supply at 1000 Plymouth Street (Route 104) in Bridgewater.
- Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Applications now Online!
Regulations and Application Materials
- BRIDGEWATER ZONING BYLAWS
- BW Zoning Map December 2021
- SUBDIVISION Rules & Regs as amended 09-06-18
- Definitive Subdivision Plan Checklist
- Approval Not Required (ANR) Checklist
- Site Plan/Special Permit Submittal Checklist
- Special Permit/Site Plan Application
- Site Plan Modification Form
- Planning Board Fee Schedule (Updated 9/13/18)
- Subdivision Application Set
Resources and Plans
- Bridgewater Comprehensive Master Plan May 2022
- Bridgewater HMP APA June 2022
- Bridgewater Biennial Update Mailing 2022
- Bridgewater Housing Production Plan - As Approved 02.27.18
- Bridgewater OSRP 2018 Final
- Bridgewater Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Bridgewater Rec Needs Assess_FINAL_04-11-16
- OCPC Downtown Bridgewater Market Analysis 2016
- South Coast Rail FAQs
- Phased Corridor Map - South Coast Rail