Follow us on Facebook @BwaterCED!
Given all that has occured in recent weeks, the Bridgewater Comprehensive Master Plan Committee (CMPC) has decided to extend the deadline for our strategies survey that was shared with the public in March until May 31, 2020. We currently have received 175 responses, and our goal is to reach at least 300! Can you help us by taking this brief survey if you haven't yet and sharing it with other members of our community?
The survey outlines the current plan goals the Committee has drafted and asks respondents to select the strategies they think will best help the Town meet these goals. You can access it at www.surveymonkey.com/r/BridgewaterSurvey. Thank you all, and stay well!
NEW!Economic Development Department Procedures
To help residents and interested parties better understand how the Economic Development and Planning Offices function, below are some general procedures which the staff follow on a daily basis:
- The Planning Board maintains a schedule of deadlines which applicants must adhere to for their applications.
- Meeting agendas are posted no later than the Friday preceding the next Planning Board meeting.
- Notices of upcoming meetings and hearings are sent to all required departments at least one week prior to a scheduled Planning Board meeting whenever possible.
- All documents, (including decisions, minutes, notices, etc) are reviewed by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Engineer prior to distribution.
- Planning Board applications will not be considered complete unless they have been reviewed and approved by the Community & Economic Development Director and/or the Town Engineer.
- All approved decisions are sent electronically to the Building Department and the Board of Health.
- On Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at 6:30 PM there will be an public hearing with the Planning Board regarding proposed recodification and updates to the Bridgewater Zoning Ordinances in the Council Chambers at 66 Central Square, Bridgewater, MA 02324.
The draft of the documents for review before the hearing can be found HERE. Please contact the Community and Economic Development Office at the number above with any questions or if you cannot access the documents.
- NEW! Online Permitting Guide: HERE Discover what documents are needed before applying for your building permit.
- Just a friendly reminder: Please do not rake, blow, or dump leaves, grass clippings, or other yard waste into storm drains. Littering in storm drains causes flooding and pollutes our water bodies without any filtration. We encourage you to mulch and compost these items for your gardens next year, or bag them and bring them to Plymouth Farm Supply at 1000 Plymouth Street (Route 104) in Bridgewater.
- Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Applications now Online! Please file all applications online through the above link!
Regulations and Application Materials
- BRIDGEWATER ZONING BYLAWS 8-9-2019
- BW-ZONING MAP-COLOR-1-19-18
- SUBDIVISION Rules & Regs as amended 09-06-18
- Definitive Subdivision Plan Checklist
- Approval Not Required (ANR) Checklist
- Site Plan/Special Permit Submittal Checklist
- Special Permit/Site Plan Application
- Site Plan Modification Form
- Planning Board Fee Schedule (Updated 9/13/18)
- Subdivision Application Set
- Pre-construction Meeting Informational
Resources and Plans
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (marked up)
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (clean)
- 2019 Planning Board Schedule
- Bridgewater Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Bridgewater Housing Production Plan - As Approved 02.27.18
- Bridgewater Rec Needs Assess_FINAL_04-11-16
- Subsidized Housing Inventory 12-7-18
- OCPC Downtown Bridgewater Market Analysis 2016
- South Coast Rail FAQs
- Phased Corridor Map - South Coast Rail
- Bridgewater OSRP 2018 Final