To provide user, system support and maintenance for all computers and programs needed for everyday operation of town departments. Managing day-to-day computer network operations in multi-locations around town. Assist in computer training for town employees and the courses held for the general public.
Computer User Guidelines
- Shut computers off when not in use. By leaving your computer on, you are not only wasting power, your computer is susceptible to power hits and damage during electrical storms and power outages.
- Do not open emails or attachments from strangers. They often contain viruses.
- Use caution when downloading from the internet, many files contain viruses.
- Never reveal your passwords to anyone.
- Always when away from you computer log out or lock you workstation.
- Store files on network drive when ever possible. The Network drive is backed up frequently so if your computer crashed your file can be restored.
- Keep the "Recycle Bin" on your desktop empty to free up disk space.
- Delete Temporary internet Files and Cookies to free up disk space. It can be found in Tools ->internet Options in the File menu of internet Explorer.
- Electronic Mail Retention Policy: SPR Bulletin No. 5-92 and provides information and requirements for the management and disposition of electronic mail sent and received by public officials.