Town is Seeking Snow Plow Contractors
The Town of Bridgewater is currently seeking snow plow contractors for the 2018-2019 winter season. The Bridgewater DPW is seeking 4WD pickups, 6 wheel, 10 wheel and tri-axles. For more information on rates and application.
The Roadways Department is responsible for the maintenance and improvements to the Town's 120 mile roadway network. This includes streets, sidewalks, road shoulders, and drainage. With a limited amount of funding and rapidly growing populations, it is our mission to find the delicate line of balance between maintaining our existing system and improving it for the future.
This department also oversees the mowing of roadside grass/brush and in cemeteries, road sweeping, the repair of berms and road shoulders and street signage
Please contact this office for drainage problems/installations, flooding problems (road water), patching of potholes, and for the removal of debris and oil in road.
2018 Proposed Improvements:1. Cherry Street -- full depth reclaim & pave
2. Bridge Street -- emergency bridge repair
3. Spruce Street -- failed drainage replacement
Please note that the above improvements are 100% dependent upon state funded aid. These 3 projects will completely exhaust the aid allotment for 2018.
Snow & Ice Removal Priorities:
• First priority: To ensure that police, fire and medical emergency equipment can move safely on Town streets.
• Second priority: To open main and secondary roads for use by the public.
• Third priority: To open residential streets. (Because of budget considerations, it may take additional time before some residential streets are opened.)
• Fourth priority: To clear sidewalks used to walk to schools around a 1 mile radius
Mailbox Replacement Policy
• The Town will only replace mailboxes if the Town’s plow came in contact with a well-maintained mailbox or post.
• Other than mailboxes physically hit by plows, the Town is not responsible to repair, replace, or compensate for any such items placed in the public way.
• The Town will not replace mailboxes if the box is damaged by snow being discharged by the snowplow and if the plow does not come in contact with the mailbox or post.
For complete details, please review the Policy on Snow and Ice Removal document below.
Policy on Snow and Ice Removal
How to Report a dead animal in the roadway
To report a dead animal in the roadway, please call the Town's Animal Control Officer, Lisa McKay at (508) 659-1290.