New! Employee Self Service
|Effective June 8, 2020, the Employee Self-Service site will be your one-stop shop for all your employee information. On the Self-Service site, you'll be able to:
The mission of the Human Resources Department is to contribute to the achievement of the Town's vision; by providing assistance and advocacy for employees and retirees through the administration of benefit programs, policies, and procedures; by promoting positive employee relations; and by ensuring a competent and diverse workforce for the Town.
In addition to the coordination of hiring of staff, the Human Resources department if responsible for:
- Compensation - Ensures that all employees are paid fairly, while ensuring that the Town uses the available financial resources well.
- Collective Bargaining - Serves as a representative for the Town in labor relations matters including collective bargaining with employees represented by unions.
- Training and Staff Development - Works to insure employees have the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform their positions.
- Workers Compensation and Unemployment Compensation - Administers the workers compensation and unemployment compensation programs for the Town.
- Safety and Wellness Activities - Oversees the coordination of safety and wellness and activities to help employees be proactive about their health and well being.