- 6:30 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month
- 66 Central Square (Academy Building)
Bridgewater, MA 02324
- Patrick Driscoll, Chair - Term ends 2020
- Raymond Ajemian, Vice Chair - Term ends 2023
- Jean Guarino, Secretary - Term ends 2021
- Michael MacDonald - Term ends 2023
- Steven Geller, Term ends 2023
- Associate Member, Currently Vacant
About the Board
The Planning Board consists of five members appointed each for a term of five years. The terms are staggered in such a manner that there is one position available annually for appointment unless when a vacancy occurs there may be more than one. The Associate Member sits on the Board for the purposes of acting on a Special Permit application, in the case of absence, inability to act, or conflict of interest, on the part of any member of the Planning Board or in the event of a capacity on the Board. The associate member shall be appointed annually by the Town Manager.
Bridgewater uses an online permitting system for all applications to be reviewed by the Planning & Zoning Board.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Planning Board is governed by the statutes of the Massachusetts General Laws. Their primary powers and duties fall within the Chap 41 (Subdivision Control Law), however, earlier statutes are also applicable. The Planning Board may become involved in the following activities:
- Master Plan (Chapter 41, Section 81D)
- Official Land Use Map (Chapter 41, Section 81E-81H)
- Planning in General (Chapter 41, Section 81A-81J)
- Public Ways, Report on the same (Chapter 41 Section 81-l and J)
- Site Plan Review (Chapter 41)
- Special Permits under zoning (Chapter 40A)
- Street names (Chapter 85, Sections 3, 3-A and 3-B)
- Subdivision Control (Chapter 41)
- Subdivision Rules and Regulations (Chapter 41, Section 81Q)
- Zoning Ordinances (Chapter 40A)
Meeting recordings of the Town of Bridgewater Planning Board
For assistance contact Office Administrator
Given all that has occured in recent weeks, the Bridgewater Comprehensive Master Plan Committee (CMPC) has decided to extend the deadline for our strategies survey that was shared with the public in March until May 31, 2020. We currently have received 175 responses, and our goal is to reach at least 300! Can you help us by taking this brief survey if you haven't yet and sharing it with other members of our community?
The survey outlines the current plan goals the Committee has drafted and asks respondents to select the strategies they think will best help the Town meet these goals. You can access it at www.surveymonkey.com/r/BridgewaterSurvey. Thank you all, and stay well!
Application Forms, Hearing Schedule, Fee Schedule, etc.
- 2019 Planning Board Schedule
- BRIDGEWATER ZONING BYLAWS 10-12-2018
- BW-ZONING MAP-COLOR-1-19-18
- Planning Board Fee Schedule (Updated 9/13/18)
- Rules and Procedures for the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals - 2018
- Site Plan Modification Form (PDF)
- Special Permit/Site Plan Application
- Subdivision Application Set
- SUBDIVISION Rules & Regs as amended 09-06-18
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (clean)
- Zoning Codification Draft 10 Combined - 01.21.20 (marked up)