The Town of Bridgewater is pleased to announce the promotion of several officers at a public ceremony on Thursday, April 5th, at the Senior Center. Joining Police Chief Christopher Delmonte at the ceremony were Council President Timothy Fitzgibbons, Town Manager Michael Dutton, and State Representative Angelo D'Emilia. The officers promoted have demonstrated a continued adherence to the Police Department's mission of "partnership with the community to enhance the quality of life, guarantee Constitutional Rights, enforce the law, preserve the peace, reduce fear, and provide a safe environment, while maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity to ensure the public’s confidence." In addition to the promotions, the Police Department welcomed its newest officer to the roster, James D. Doherty, Jr. The Town of Bridgewater is fortunate to have such dedicated officers working for the public with safety and security in mind.
The Town of Bridgewater is honored to announce the following officers have attained a new rank within the Police Department:
- Lt. Thomas J. Schlatz III, has been promoted to Captain and Executive Officer
- Sgt. Carl H. MacDermott III, has been promoted to Lieutenant and Operations Officer
- Officer Scott R. Hile, has been promoted to Sergeant and Patrol Supervisor
- Officer Robert J. Bailey, has been promoted to Sergeant and Patrol Supervisor
- James D. Doherty Jr., has been sworn in as the newest Officer to the Police DepartmentPolice Promotion Ceremony - April 2018
Pictured Left to Right: State Representative Angelo D’Emilia, Captain Thomas Schlatz, III, Town Manager Michael Dutton, Chief Christopher Delmonte, Council President Timothy Fitzgibbons, Lieutenant Carl MacDermott, III and Sergeant Scott Hile.